Monday, September 15, 2008

Ode to Endorphins - And More Foot Trouble

After nearly two weeks of resting the sore talus bones in both feet, I took to the road for a modest 5-mile jaunt Saturday.

Let me tell you, it feels incredible to get the endorphins flowing again after just stagnating for two weeks. My muscles also felt pleasantly stretched as well.

Often people who don't do much exercise will shake their head when they hear that I'm training for a marathon. To them it seems like I'm putting myself through something grueling- and to an extent it is. But there is definitely a bonus to exercise. You feel so much better than you would.

On the downside, the bones started aching mildly after a few miles of running, which tells me that I'm not healed yet, and that my training will have to be put on the back burner yet again.

It's incredibly frustrating. The Marathon is 26 days away, and I was planning to use this month to get in one more long run and also to work on my speed. My plan was to run the race at a pace of 9/min miles or less.

Now I can't train, and the gains I've made over the last three months are probably deteriorating.

I may have to settle for just finishing the marathon and not worrying too much about my time, but we'll have to see how things go.

No comments: