Monday, November 10, 2008

Illustrating The Stride Difference

I've gotten some emails from people asking me about the physical aspect of my new stride, and I found this online to demonstrate what I'm talking about. It's a flash animation that you can slow down to see the stress a heel strike puts on your body. Notice the difference on how far out the leg goes


Animation

Also, you might want to check out this interesting article. Skip the history part if you're only interested in the injury aspect.


On running injury reduction

Also, because people are continuously mystified by the fact that I have over 100 pounds of fruit in my house at any given time, I wrote up a guide on managing fruit

My Recent Runs

I've been trying to take it easy with my recent barefoot runs. Here's one I've done a few times. It's a nice jaunt through Walnut Grove Cemetery, but also includes varied terrain like broken sidewalk slabs, etc.

No comments: